Twitter

Monday, May 3, 2010

YT Roundup, a day late

So things have been pretty uneventful lately, haven't they? At least they have here on my end. Things just keep crawling along with the rising and setting of the sun. I guess people might have thought that I have abandoned this blog. But that's not so! I aim to keep writing, just not at the 1/2 post/day rate that defined the first two months of the blog. I don't like holding myself to any kind of strict schedule. Content comes about at irregular times, so it doesn't make sense to report on something constantly. Might as well go at the speed of life.


For all the Fallout 3 players out there, demonstrating the frustration VATS sometimes gives us when our projectiles land off course or are, in this case, evaded.


I don't like Faux News but this is an entertaining story. It's an interesting interview with the deputy/trooper guy, who has some insightful commentary on what happened. There's also the raw video if you're interested.


Carl Levin eviscerating Goldman Sachs crony on damning emails. A great example of how government can do a good job sometimes.


More boom-bap 90s tracks from my main man, BoomBap90s. That mofo got the fat toons, seen?


A strange video that illustrates some religious morality in action. This is the theocracy of Sarah Palin. In crapitalism we trust!


One of many good speeches given by Obama this past week. Those speechwriters really do know how to crank out some good material. This is Barack bringing back the preacher voice, reiterating his commitment to education. Hopefully he will reform the educational system sometime soon. I'd like to see some drastic progress on that in combination with deficit reduction. How is that gonna work? Beats me, I don't get paid to research these things. But if I were (to get paid), I'd have some pretty dope solutions for the world that would benefit mankind a great deal. My policies might not go over well with the super-rich, but these things would happen anyway and they would have to get used to it. Just like civil rights. /rant

Other than that, I'm pretty heated about the fact that the Gulf of Mexico is covered in oil. Where are the space pictures when you need them. People need to be shown that consumption has a price. I'm not saying that it's a good thing that this happened, but now that it has happened, let this be a profound lesson to the Drilly Baby Drilly crowd. I was watching this video where crony after crony would repeat ad nauseum that offshore rigs were completely safe, completely safe, completely fail-safe. Reminiscent of the shit they were telling people about the economy right before that shit cratered. This is exactly like what happened with the economy. You got a whole industry that self-regulates and is unhealthily obsessed with that black sludge in the ground called oil. Is it any surprise that Halliburton built all that "fail-safe" technology? Where are those commercials talking about how technologically-advanced these oil rigs are? That commercial with that smart-ass scientist dad who rips off his kid's idea of how to finish drinking a milkshake by manipulating the bendy-ness of the bendy straw and reversing it to create a futuristic snake-like oil-sucking device for the commercial. I take a crap on your technologically-advanced oil rigs. I wipe myself with clean coal and flush the whole shebang down the drain. Oil companies need to dig themselves. They steez be on the wackness, dawg.



Gary made an interesting video where he was answering this buffoon named gratex. This dumbo just made stupid allegations in the annotations for his video that Gary was some kind of baby killing Satanist. Gary pwned gratex and then pwned all of the comments. I was flattered he read my comment (longcatisloooooong) where I said that gratex's video made no sense and how it was just a bunch of allegations. Gary didn't understand that I was on his side, and just shrugged off my comment. Okay, my bad. I guess I could have been more specific, maybe I should take a hint and use some cuss words, eh? Then Gary would get the message right quick. He's really the master of bad language.

No comments:

Post a Comment