Twitter

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Turn it up LOUDER!

Yuck. More consumption and reproduction today. Well, I didn't contribute to any reproduction today, but I certainly participated in consumption of food products. I consumed animal tissue today. I can't say that I'm proud of doing it, but it filled me up and allowed me to do an important thing I had to do without feeling hungry at all.

It's like that one guy said. Life is a bitch and then you die. I'm sorry to have turned all dark these past few posts, but come, let's "kick the ballistics here." We're all just tacitly accepting this titillation machine that is society.

I think it'd be the ultimate irony if Republicans were staged actors who convincingly acted the roles of being bigoted assholes for some other person controlling all this shit behind our backs. Matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me a bit. You could easily make a sitcom based on what is happening in the political arena. The shit on both sides (but primarily on the Right side) is really over-the-top now to the point that it's so comical. But now the comedic effect is getting played out and it's sinking in that these Republican arseholes are actually legit trying to stall all progress that's happening, despite it being watered down and having a bunch of concessions and whatnot. They're actually united in their opposition to financial reform. I can't think of any party that would really unite on the side of the banks other than some kind of High Federalist or Modernist party of the 18th Century.

So that's why I feel reserved in just doing the day-to-day "fundamental questioning" that this blog tries to offer. Some of the shit that Republicans/Conservatives say is just blatant self-pwnage. Additionally, there are so many things to prove untrue every day that I could never catch up. I feel like some of this stuff is so obvious that I feel like an idiot pointing it out. Am I an idiot for pointing out the obvious?

And I feel like I need to express a few things about the phrase "fundamental questioning" before we continue this inquest, folks. The phrase "fundamental questioning," which is the title of this website, is taken from Jeanne L. Schroeder's 2002 article about Lacanian discourse theory. I don't remember the full quote, but I might post the article if you're interested (why would you be? ;D). This might imply that I believe in the so-called "Lacanian discourse theory" bullshit. I don't think it's a theory at all. It's a joke; it's a sick perversion of a debate argument. But what I agree with in the article is that academia does a lot of bad things to stifle real education and that they promote nonsensical crap as the answer. At least that's how I interpret it. And my interpretation is just as good as anyone else's, I think. I've done the reading on this topic and I will post citations. My entire high school career centered around making this argument make sense to people who weren't familiar with Lacan at all. It also doesn't really advance any kind of meaningful answer at all with regard to how the world works. Ultimately it falls back to psychoanalysis for the answer, which is really just a huge intellectual void. Trust me, I've gotten myself sucked into this void more times than I care to recall. But my point is that this psychoanalytic crap doesn't make a lick of sense.

What (sometimes) makes sense is is psychological appraisals of humanity and making moral judgments based upon those findings. We need to figure out how humans function based upon some kind of scientific (or at least TESTABLE) backing rather than rely upon these whacko assertions about the superego and all that. It's an interesting concept [psychoanalysis], don't get me wrong, but seriously, folks, there isn't an actual part of the brain that actually functions as a literal superego that is being mean to you and telling you that you suck and that you don't fit into the expectations of society and blah dee blaah. You can't just make up these generalizations because then you'd be no better off than a Christian who pounds his Bible and says that everything in there is the truth. When we boil down psychoanalysis, we can see that it's not scientific at all, and all it's good for is jerking ourselves in philosophical situations.

tldr: I love doing the philosophical circle-jerk thing. But seriously, it's not connected at all to the real world. That's what I'm getting at

No comments:

Post a Comment