Twitter

Monday, May 17, 2010

YT Roundup 5/10/10-5/16/10 (Muhammad Rmx)

Well, I missed doing my weekly roundup yesterday. And I haven't been watching any YT videos since Saturday when I came back home from college. I've been doing other things and I have sorely neglected this blog. Therefore I will do my best to give you a good update this week to make up for my tardiness.


This is an interesting clip from James Randi, who shares with us a story about being kind to others. This is an interesting video that illustrates that you don't have to believe in God to be moral. Duh...


As an active YouTube user, I really like subscribing to people who actively seek to make good videos that convey their own opinions. MrFreedomDemocracy, a user on YouTube, does a good job talking about fiscal and social issues on his channel. He usually plays political clips and talks about them.

This is a video that does a great job summing up some of my thoughts on religion. I encourage you to read some of the annotations he added to the video that clarifies what he's saying. I'm a little bit mixed on the idea of drawing Muhammad because I know it offends people, but I think that the spirit in which this video is made is pretty positive.


This video is related to the last one in that it actually has a personification or whatever of Muhammad. It is a pretty funny parody of religion. Pizza be upon you.


Footage of the cartoonist (Lars Vilks) who started the whole drawing Muhammad thing being attacked, yet again, by intolerant Muslims who want to silence him. This kind of silencing of dissent and free speech is unacceptable in Western society. I can't emphasize that enough. I think that these videos make it clear that Muslims are never going to be able to restrict speech through violence, a theme that thunderf00t has seized upon in recent weeks/months.


This is a remix of a Gary video posted a long time ago that talks about what he refers to as "the long goodbye". He argues that humanity is on a slow roll to oblivion, and, if I remember the video correctly, he talks about potential things that can be done to possibly prevent this. Stopping our descent into oblivion would require considerable changes to society and the world. This is something that I find very insightful and I really suggest you watch.


An old vid, but a goodie. This is my main man Tom Friedman shutting down Rummy on the invasion of Iraq. Rummy tried to claim that no one in the Bush Administration said that Iraq was an "immediate threat." However, Tom comes back with some quotes straight out of Rummy's mouth in which Rummy claimed that no state posed a more immediate threat to the U.S. than Iraq. Rummy tries to come back at the end of the segment but his answer is really halfhearted and I think he knew that he was defeated. Either that or he was focusing on retaining his composure and just spouted some random crap.


I just wanted to throw this video in the mix because it shows how low the standard for broadcast journalism has truly become. When a chicken crossing the road is news, that's when it's time to get a little peeved with the idiots responsible for telling the public what's supposedly going on. I guess I can forgive KTLA because it was on a morning news show (which are notorious for being not real news), but, still, this is one of the dumbest stories that I've ever seen. Not to mention the fact that KTLA thought that this news story was so good that they decided to feature it on their own YT channel page.

The reporter reminds me a lot of Arnie Pie from The Simpsons, who would try to be a hero and intervene in the news. This lady is like "Okay, I am now going to save the chicken." And then she tries to call the chicken over to her side of the street, which is very dangerous to the chicken's health (since it has to cross the street in traffic). What's more, it's not like the chicken understands English or anything, so why is this dumb c**t trying to act like a hero? She ends up looking like a total joke.

And her name is Jennifer Gould. More like Jennifer Ghoul, amirite?


This is not a new video that I found, but it's definitely a good one nevertheless. I never got around to favoriting this video back in the day.


Guit1.wav from the original Half-Life: Counter-Strike game. This was definitely a favorite of mine back in 5th/6th grade, when I played this game as much as possible. This is from when you're Counter-Terrorist and go left out of spawn. You can hear this music being played in the background. This is very unique because none of the other maps have any custom music loops in the background, let alone at a position where combat usually never takes place. Many of the comments talk about how people would just sit in this corner where they could hear the music and let others fight it out. By the way, the piece is by Mauro Giuliani and it is called "Rossiniana 2".


The only thing that Republicans can say in opposition to Kagan is that she's secretly gay. I think that the charge that she's not liberal enough has a lot more substance than anything GOPers can say against her.


I'll just throw this one in as a bonus.


A good commentary regarding the oil spill. Not for those who don't appreciate liberal use of the word 'fuck'.


Ever since this dude Lance Baxter was fired from Geico for calling FreedomWorks while drunk and asking what percentage of them were mentally retarded, he has gone on to be a formidable enemy of the Tea Party movement, as you can see with this well-made video on the subject of Teabagging.

Well, I guess that's it for the highlight reel. I hope to have some more funny videos up later. Go Lakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment