Twitter

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rasterbating for Fun and Pleasure

The Rasterbator is a cool piece of software that is totally free to use! According to the website, http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/:
The Rasterbator creates huge, rasterized images from any picture. Upload an image, print the resulting multi-page pdf file and assemble the pages into extremely cool looking poster up to 20 meters in size.
I used their standalone software that I could install it on my computer rather than opting for the online interface. I don't think there's any difference in quality whether you want to use their online or offline Rasterbator.

I wanted to Rasterbate this image to create a large poster for my room:
















This was the result. I had to cut it in half so that I could actually open my closet. I also had to use scissors to cut off the margins, because my laser printer won't print borderless images. Please enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment