Twitter

Sunday, March 7, 2010

More YT Videos, DURR HURR

I apologize for "lagging it" on updating this blog. To put it bluntly, I've been remiss in that I haven't been writing anything. I am fairly sure that not many people are clinging to my every word, but nevertheless I feel compelled to produce another quality entry, since it's been quite a while.

The title really speaks for itself. I'm going to introduce you to some new YouTube videos I've been watching.

This video appeals to the activists out there. This is some video from the Pomona College Workers for Justice coalition out there. They interrupted a meeting to deliver a bunch of signatures to President David Oxtoby demanding that the workers of Pomona College be allowed to employ the card-check system for unionization. Apparently Oxtoby is not too fond of this proposal, from what I've been told by the WFJ. Here is a clip:



So there you have it. But that's not all. Here is an example of an already-good hip-hop song that was remixed by Pete Rock, a great producer, to make it even better. This is a song called "Jussummen" by Diggity-Das Efx. (We can only guess what's in that delicious-looking cone of paper.)



I never disappoint. So I'll share this video that I think is very insightful. I believe it's a clip from a documentary. It features Noam Chomsky and Peter Singer, two very intelligent men whom I respect a great deal. They are talking about abortion in this video, and I think they have some very important points that liberals and conservatives alike need to consider before going on about rights and whatnot. This clip is so insightful that I might break it down piece-by-piece in a later blog. You never know. Enjoy:



I love Bone Thugz-N-Harmony. So naturally I play this song on the first of the month. Need I say any more?



I've a habit of saying something that is somewhat of a conclusion after every post. This is my attempt at wrapping things up. Yeah. Hope you enjoyed these clips.

1 comment: